Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Last weekend

I think I'm a bit obsessed as well as dull. What am I going to write about. Who am I going to write about.

Easy. Bikes and me. Not good.

Yes, so I took my son P to Herne Hill velodrome for the induction lesson. It was our first time on fixed wheel bikes so that was novel - and good. I'd like to go again. Once you've done the induction hour (£6 includes hire of bike and hat) you can go to any session.
After that it was rush home to the hairdresser. Much needed I think though I do sort of fit the un-cared, lazy appearance. It seems to fit. Anyway new and smart we are now.

Sunday was the Kent sportive, or something like that. It kicks of from Sevenoaks prep school and trundles through 80 miles of Kent. Twas a nice day with a westerly wind and a puncture. Early on I visited the brambles and stinging nettles as made a balls-up of a sharp down hill bend. No harm done. I felt a bit of a twerp though.

I'd have made it home in sixth position but for the puncture and my inability to fix it in anything like a reasonable time. Instead I came 23rd. Out of 66. So not too poor. I learnt a lot so the placement wasn't that disappointing. 4:34 was silver. 5 mins away from gold.

The next ride will be the VO2 sportive in two weeks time. Shorter and flatter I think so I should try to go out with a bit of a fizzz. If not a bang.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment