Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A couple of months to prepare for the Tour of Wessex

I have a tough event for me this year - the Tour of Wessex.
For many this three day event is hard, but for me it is really hard.
I managed it last year, three days of about 110 miles per day and I was a bit of a mess at the end.
Day one was good and I achieved a silver placing.
Day two was ok - and when averaged with day one my time was still silver - just.
Day three was real pain. Going up over Exmoor my vision was blurred but I was not in a good state, but I persevered and got around ok.
The highlight was whizzing down some endless hill with a car behind me. I was tucked in and flying. At the bottom I got some applause form the people in the car which was nice. Just what I needed as I was alone and struggling with probably quite a few miles yet to go.
SO. I thought I diary my training for this years event.
The date today is 1st Jan 2013 and the Tour of Wessex is 25th May.
All I need to do is:

  1. Improve my fitness
  2. Improve my on the bike nutrition
  3. Book the ride
  4. Sort out accommodation
  5. and turn up.
I hope I can continue this log and I hope it is of use to either me in the future, or to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment